Friday, March 9, 2012

"A little collision in gym class"

I have to laugh at the stupidity of people. At McKenna's appt on Wed. the nurse who was supposed to administer the nerve block shots says to us "I heard you had a little collision in gym class".  Well,  if it was a little collision I'd hate to see what a BIG collision would be like! 


We went to that appt with high hopes. Hopes that for 5 hours Kenna would be free from that pain that wears on her so badly.  Unfortunately, it turned into the appt from hell and we left with our little fighter barely able to walk from the pain and being told to "breathe" because her mind was so overwhelmed!!!  This nurse came at Kenna's head with such brutality and inconsideration that NO ONE has ever treated her in such a manner.  Before I knew to move the nurse aside the damage had been done and Kenna was beyond a world of hurt.  Of course, I scooped her up in my lap and cradled her telling her it would be ok but all the while thinking I should punch this ladies lights out!  All McKenna could do between gasps of pain is cry to go home PLEASE!!!!


As we were leaving the nurse says "sorry for the flare up"! FLARE UP?????? OMG, I was speechless!


There were also other details to this visit like, I should be giving Kenna narcotic shots into her muscles at home, and we should have her on a "cocktail" of sorts of medicine.  


It is scary how much liberty this nurse felt she had concerning my daughter's care.  We are trying to wean her off of anything that is not working NOT add.  The last thing we need is an addiction problem too.......


Monday we have a new appt with a new neurologist. One that specializes in deep brain stimulation and is 1 out of 30 drs in the country to actually to the peripheral nerve block simulator.  Please pray that we have come to a place finally that will help Mckenna!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment