Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's finally here....

Well, tomorrow is McKenna's surgery day.  Surgery starts at 9:30 in the morning with arrival time of 7:30.  After seeing the surgeon Friday we learned a lot of details we didn't know previously, such as if she doesn't get at least 50% relief from tomorrows procedure they will not do the permanent one. Also, the device implanted will only work for about 5 years then her central nervous system will get used to it and her pain will come back.  With that statement made we asked the Dr what happens then and he said that hopefully there will be another stride in Occipital Neuralgia treatments made. 

Scared to death! That's all I can say about how I'm feeling for my daughter tomorrow.  I had to know some details but couldn't bare others.  They will have to shave her long hair from the crown of her head down and wake her up mid-surgery to see if they have the implant where it needs to be.  I honestly can't even think about the possibility of this NOT working to relieve her pain.  I hope that tomorrow I can report AWESOME news!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment